Construction workers conducting works at one of the towers of the 14th century cathedral in Frombork, North Poland, discovered a time capsule in form of a metal tube. The content of the capsule will be documented, undergo restoration after being supplemented with contemporary information will return to the tower.
The tube made of copper was hidden in a ball atop one of the cathedral towers. The ball is marked with the coat of arms of the bishop Marcin Kromer and the Archdiocese of Warmia with an inscribed 1588 date. It contained documents dated to 1841 with additional information from 1909. The documents were wrapped in the L’Osservatore Romano newspaper, dated to 1987, containing the plans for pope John Poul II’s third pilgrimage to Poland. The tube also contained coins, dated to 1766 and 19th century. There was also a medal of the Nicholaus Copernicus Museum in Frombork as the city is the place where the famous astronomer lived and worked for 40 years.
(after TVN24, Portal Braniewo & Archikatedra Frombork)