The trove of valuables hidden by Germans during WW2 in Lubomierz, discovered last year, will stay on exhibition in the local monastery museum by a decision of the officials.
Family renovating a 120-year-old small brick house in Parszkowo, northern Poland, discovered a stash of various types of ammunition, hidden under the flooring.
Just months after the first find, a third BT1000 bomb-torpedo, developed by the Third Reich as “wunderwaffe” was found in Gdynia, Northern Poland.
Archaeologists uncovered the remains of 8 more individuals at the Bródnowski cemetery, Warsaw, while looking for victims of the communist terror in Poland in the 2nd half of 1940s.
An amateur amber collector discovered remains of a military car on a beach in Pobierowo, North-western Poland. The object was identified as a Volkswagen Kübelwagen, possibly abandoned in 1945, in final months of World War II.
Geodesists using non-invasive survey equipment carried out measurements at Treblinka, one of the German concentration camps from World War II in Poland. The Nazis levelled the are of the camp and planted it with lupin trying to conceal its secrets.
Construction workers discovered remains of a German WW2 machine gun MP 40 at the city’s speedway stadium in Gdańsk, North Poland. The weapon’s chamber was preserved and a serial number was possible to be read.
In the area of the military airport in Babie Doły, northern part of Gdynia, Poland, amateur explorers identified metal remains as parts of an experimental Nazi torpedo bomb. The remains were sitting unidentified in plain sight for decades.
Scientists managed to study a wreckage of a sunken World War II barge that is located on the seabed at the entrance to the port in Kołobrzeg, northern Poland. The landing barge was possibly used in 1945 in evacuation of city’s citizens.
The Nazi weather station called Schatzgraber, or “Treasure Hunter” was re-discovered on Alexandra Land island located in Russian Federation’s Arkhangelsk Oblast, less than 700 miles from the North pole.
The time capsule left by the Nazis in 1934 that was dug up two weeks ago in Złocieniec, Northern Poland, was finally opened. It revealed numerous items left by the Nazi Party members for the future generations.
Employees of the Auschwitz Museum discovered a double bottom in a metal mug inside which jewellery was hidden. They were conducting routine preservation works on objects stolen by German Nazis from people arriving at the Auschwitz-Birkenau Death Camp.