Archaeologists excavating at the site of recently discovered Medieval settlement of Barczewko, also known as Alt Wartenburg, North Poland, discovered well preserved remains of basements, pottery vessels, and even a seal from textile imports all the way from Flanders.
Archaeologist discovered more military artefacts linked with the Battle of Kunersdorf of 1759 at the site in Kunowice, West Poland.
A trove of jewellery dating back 3000 years was discovered by two men near Sulęcin, West Poland. The trove consists of 170 bronze and amber artefacts.
A series of concentric cropmarks, indicating the possible presence of a rondel-like structure, has been sighted at Żelichów, North-West Poland. This find is extremely rare as only a handful of such Neolithic structures are known from Poland.
Archaeologists finished the ninth season of excavations of the Teutonic Order’s castle in Człuchów, North Poland, revealing remains of a rectangular tower which contained many surprises.
Excavations at the square located in front of the Castle of the Sułkowski princes, Bielsko-Biała, South Poland, revealed among other finds remains of 15th-century fortification walls and 19th-century buildings.
The first ever Greek amphora discovered in the country was unearthed by archaeologists excavating the ringfort at Chotyniec, South-eastern Poland. The 2500-years-old site is believed to be the farthest West settlement connected with the Scythian people and the sphere of cultural influence of their nomadic civilisation.
Archaeologists working at a revitalisation project in Głogów, South-west Poland, uncovered remains of a church and monastery of St Stanisław that belonged to the Franciscans who settled in the city in mid 13th century.
A family spending the summer at the Baltic shore, discovered a part from an airplane at the beach near Podczele, Northern Poland.
Construction workers preparing the site of the future shopping centre at Plac Kopernika (Copernicus Square), Opole, South-western Poland, unearthed a part of a 19th-century wall of a brewery.
Archaeologists discovered a well equipped graves dating to 2nd-3rd centuries AD in Pakoszówka, South-East Poland. It is believed these graves belong to Vandal warriors and the site is just the second such in the Subcarpatian region.
Researchers conducting thorough exhumations in the area by the parish church in Chojnice, Northern Poland, in search for Polish soldiers fallen during German Invasion of Poland in 1939 discovered some Evangelical graves but did not locate the soldiers’ grave.
Excavations by the Nowy Targ (New Market) town square in Wrocław, Poland, unearthed remains of Medieval houses and artefacts revealing how the city looked before destruction during World War 2.
Conservation works at the Fortress 52a “Łopianka” in Kraków, South Poland, lead to a discovery of a large portion of the original armoured dome at a nearby scrapyard.
Police officers from Miastko and Szczecin, Poland, were able to recover over 200 archaeological artefacts dating back to Early Iron Age which are said to have been illegally unearthed in Miastko earlier this year. The artefacts consist of vessels and jewellery attributed to the people of Lusatian culture.
A time capsule, which was discovered in the tower of the burnt cathedral in Gorzów Wielkopolski, West Poland, was opened. It contained objects sealed in 1934, including documents and money.
Researchers discovered remains of an American P-51 Mustang long-range fighter plane that crashed during World War II in a field near Trzcińsko Zdrój, South-east Poland.
A forest ranger discovered some unexploded ordnance in a forest near Sierpc, Central Poland. After informing the local Police sappers conducted excavations at the site, unearthing over 2000 bombs and missiles dating back to World War 2.
Construction workers discovered a piece of unexploded ordnance dating to World War 2 at a residential building construction site in South Praga district of Warsaw, Poland.
Two local teenagers discovered unexploded ordnance from WW2 in a forest in Karwacz, Eastern Poland.