Conservation works conducted in a small Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary, just outside Warsaw’s Old Town, lead to a discovery of an unknown fresco painting showing angels and columns.
Archaeologists finished the ninth season of excavations of the Teutonic Order’s castle in Człuchów, North Poland, revealing remains of a rectangular tower which contained many surprises.
Archaeologists uncovered remains of a castle in Łańcut, Southern Poland, dating back to the 14th century. The site is known as being the seat of an infamous 17th-century troublemaker, Stanisław Stadnicki, called “the Devil”.
Construction workers believe to have found relics and bodies of soldiers connected with the battle of Żyrzyn in 1863 while conducting construction works of the new S17 road near the Żerdź village near Warsaw, central Poland.
Archaeologists excavating the area by the Józef Dziąga roundabout in Mińsk Mazowiecki, Poland, discovered a graveyard. The excavations were conducted in search for a wooden church that was burnt down during the Swedish invasion in the 17th century.
Archaeological studies of the Lithuanian square (Plac Litewski) in Lublin, East Poland revealed numerous Medieval structures and finds from more recent times.