Archaeologist discovered more military artefacts linked with the Battle of Kunersdorf of 1759 at the site in Kunowice, West Poland.
Archaeologists confirmed that remains of fortifications found by aerial laser scanning (ALS) in the region of the Dalkowskie Hills, south-east Poland, are linked to the army of Frederick the Great, King of Prussia, and were probably constructed in 1759 during the Seven Years’ War (1754-1763).
Local legend states that a German WW2 U-boat sunk in the Lubie lake, near Złocieniec, North-western Poland. A group of explorers searching for the wreck found a vast array of artefacts.
Archaeologists excavating the site of the 18th century battle in Kunowice, western Poland, where 130000 Russian, Austrian and Prussian soldiers fought during the Seven Years’ War, discovered a thousand lead bullets, 250 canister shots, over 200 uniform buttons, and fragments of armaments.