Remains of a Soviet Remain of a Soviet Ilyushin Il-4 bomber were found after 73 years from it being shot down during World War 2 fights near the German death camp at Auschwitz, present-day Oświęcim, South Poland.
Exhumation works at a burial mound at a former Evangelical cemetery in Kargowa, West Poland, revealed a mass grave containing remains of 12 individuals, including 2 children.
A family spending the summer at the Baltic shore, discovered a part from an airplane at the beach near Podczele, Northern Poland.
The square in front of the Collegiate church of St Nicholas in Końskie, south-central Poland, was once a cemetery for fallen Wehrmacht soldiers and civil administration workers of the Third Reich in German occupied Poland. Last March and April, after nearly 80 years, the graves were opened to exhume the bodies and move them to a cemetery for German soldiers in Siemianowice Śląskie. This is a brief story of the cemetery and the investigation of the site.
Archaeologists excavation the area of a hill by the Świętoduska street, just behind the Town Hall in Lublin, East Poland, unearthed a previously unknown German WW2 bunker and remains of fortified firing positions.
An amateur amber collector discovered remains of a military car on a beach in Pobierowo, North-western Poland. The object was identified as a Volkswagen Kübelwagen, possibly abandoned in 1945, in final months of World War II.
Construction workers found two guns during renovation of two houses in Słupsk, northern Poland. The weapons, found separately are a Polish Vis wz. 35 and German Mauser gun.
Remains of two World War II boats were salvaged by explorers at a Baltic beach in Sztutowo, northern Poland. One wreck was identified as a gunboat sunk in 1945 and the other is a fishing boat.
Scientists managed to study a wreckage of a sunken World War II barge that is located on the seabed at the entrance to the port in Kołobrzeg, northern Poland. The landing barge was possibly used in 1945 in evacuation of city’s citizens.