A 14-year-old boy discovered a cache of numerous milk churns that were shallowly buried near the shore of the Jeziorak Lake, near the Gubławki village, North Poland. The containers hidden around 1945 contained family heirloom and belongings of the Prussian noble family von Finckenstein.
The square in front of the Collegiate church of St Nicholas in Końskie, south-central Poland, was once a cemetery for fallen Wehrmacht soldiers and civil administration workers of the Third Reich in German occupied Poland. Last March and April, after nearly 80 years, the graves were opened to exhume the bodies and move them to a cemetery for German soldiers in Siemianowice Śląskie. This is a brief story of the cemetery and the investigation of the site.
A scientific project aimed at environment monitoring and water purification of the Sulejowski Reservoir, Central Poland, lead to a possible discovery of German WW2 Panther tank’s remains resting at the bottom since 1945.