The building of Henryk Dąbrowski’s Chemical plant in Warsaw, pre-dating World War II was destroyed by the developer despite the structure being registered as an architectural monument. The demolition was conducted despite the decision of the Heritage Office and district authorities. The local community which witnessed the demolition alarmed the press and the authorities, as the monument was part of the areas history and the district’s cultural identity.
The building functioning as Chemical Plant of Henryk Dąbrowski and Co. was built in 1924. The developer plans to build apartments in that area. The demolition with use of heavy equipment was conducted, as the spokesman of the developer, Terra Casa stated, due to bad condition of the building endangering future exploitation. The mayor of the Wola district in Warsaw stated that he will inform the prosecutors Office, local Heritage Office and the Building Inspection.
(after TVN Warszawa)