Historic greenhouses, located in the district of Ulrychów of Poland’s capital, Warsaw, were destroyed by a developer who is planning to build a commercial building.
As the restoration works of the Museum of Warsaw (former Historical Museum of Warsaw) near their end, 17th and 18th restored polychrome paintings will be put on display within the Museum’s interiors that will encompass 200 rooms in over 11 tenement houses in city’s Old Town.
Enthusiasts of Warsaw’s history have digitally reconstructed a 19th-century factory after finding original plans in thrown-away old furniture. The oldest of the documents dates to 1881.
The bodies were found in a mass grave during archaeological fieldwork, prior to construction of the new buildings of the Polish Army Museum that will be relocated to the 19th century Warsaw Citadel. The individuals were studied and will be moved to one of Warsaw’s cemeteries.
Archaeologists excavating the area by the Józef Dziąga roundabout in Mińsk Mazowiecki, Poland, discovered a graveyard. The excavations were conducted in search for a wooden church that was burnt down during the Swedish invasion in the 17th century.
Archaeologists conducting excavations in Warsaw’s northern district of Marymont, discovered remains of a summer palace built for king Jan III Sobieski (Eng. John III Sobieski), known for his victory over the Turks at the 1683 Battle of Vienna.
The 19th century water absorbing installation, part of Warsaw’s past water pumping system, dubbed “the dragon” was finally removed from its location on the shore of the Vistula river.
In Warsaw, archaeologist made a number of discoveries at a site of a future construction of office buildings on a square just outside the centre of the city.
Archaeological works at a recently discovered remains of a building, dated to the beginning of the 20th century, revealed another portion of artefacts and new architectural details of the structure.
Two historical signboards painted on the walls above entrances were found during construction and restoration works in a historical over hundred years old Koszyki Market Hall in Warsaw.
The investor who promised to restore a historical villa on the Eastern outskirts of Warsaw (Poland) during almost two years of work demolished the building and led to it being removed from the registry of monuments. The villa is one of 19th cent. administration buildings of a former ceramics factory belonging to the manufacturer, Kazimierz Granzow.
Over century-old slip-way in the Czerniakowski Port in Poland’s capital, Warsaw has been demolished. During renovation works, conducted by the Przedsiębiorstwo Budownictwa Wodnego (Hydroengineering Company), without the investors (Warsaw’s City Hall) knowledge and in disregard to preservation recommendations part of the pavement on the south side of the rampart has been completely dismantled.
Construction workers unearthed remains of buildings dated pre-World-War-2 in Poland’s capital Warsaw.
Construction workers in Warsaw (Poland) unearthed artefacts belonging to people living in buildings demolished by Germans during World War II.
Archaeologists conducting obligatory excavations prior to construction in Warsaw (Poland) discovered basements and numerous small objects, that were destroyed and buried during World War II.